Thursday, June 8, 2017

Who Am I?

I grew up in a Southern Baptist home.  My Mom is a daughter of a Southern Baptist Preacher. My Uncle is a retired Southern Baptist Minister. My loving Mother and Aunt instilled in me the precepts that I live by today. I believe a steady church relationship, hearing about God and his people plus the redeemer, Jesus Christ, led to a tugging at my heart that it was time to invite the Lord into my life. I wanted to know Jesus more closely and I wanted to know that I could meet him and be with him in heaven when I died.

I knelt down upon my knees in my bedroom and with my mom watching nearby, I asked Jesus to come into my life. I was a 6 year old asking the Creator of the world and Lord of all we see and do to come into my heart! It is certainly humbling to know that all it takes is the faith of a small child to gain acceptance into the Kingdom of God and eternity.

I grew up having a Father that cared nothing for me or my Mother. He would often leave us at home without food to eat or money to buy food with. My father no longer loved me or my Mother- he loved someone else... Another woman and another family. But while my earthly father no longer cared for me- my Heavenly Father never stopped loving me! Even while picking food out of trash cans so we could eat- Jesus was walking with us through these troubling times. You see- accepting Jesus and being obedient to Him doesn't guarantee a stress free, painless or perfect life. He does, however, promise to stay with us and sometimes even carry us during these times. 

It is Jesus who recently changed my heart to seek out my Father and forgive him for what he had done in my life and for the betrayal of my Mother. I came to the realization that if God can send His Son to forgive us and die for our sins- how could I not forgive my own father?

I look back and know as a young boy, that I was incomplete without Jesus  and my emptiness could only be filled if I just accepted His free gift of forgiveness and salvation. Now, Jesus gives me the strength and a boldness to tell others about Him and encourage them to have a life changing experience with Him.

I'm not perfect, but I know that I am forgiven and God believes I am worth it!

And He believes you are worth it too!
The Bible says "For God so loved the world- that He gave His one and only Son. That whosoever believes in Him should not perish- but have eternal life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

So- what is e3 Partners Ministry?

e3 Partners Ministry Vision - Mission - Strategy Statement Purpose: To glorify God by lifting up Jesus and establishing...